|—||every college student this week (via that-weird-band-geek)|
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
Happy Birthday, Walt Disney! (December 5, 1901)
D’yer Ma’ker || Led Zeppelin
- The title is pronounced “Jamaica”.
- Many people thought the title was pronounced “Dear Maker” and read too much into it. Jimmy Page had an interest in the occult and Robert Plant wrote some very spiritual lyrics, which led to deeper meanings in many of their songs, but not this one.
- This song was meant to imitate Reggae and its “dub” derivative emerging from Jamaica in the early ’70s. Bonham’s inability to replicate a Reggae beat on his drums, however, turned the song into an odd melange of what sounded like ’50s doo-wop and reggae. This song and “The Crunge” are considered the two “joke” songs on the album.
- The distinctive drum sound was created by placing 3 microphones a good distance away from John Bonham’s drums.
- This is one of the few Zeppelin songs where all 4 members share the composer credit.
I just love the drums in this song! So awesome!
MY FUCKING FAVORITE MOVIE IS NEVER ON TV AND NOW IT IS AND IDC IF IT’S SENSORED I AM FUCKING WATCHING IT JESUS CHRIST NO ONE EVEN UNDERSTANDS HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS MOVIE DO NOT EVEN TRY TO TEST ME RN I SWEAR TO GOD GOD DAMN IT ANIMAL HOUSE
Bluto is my college role model
(⊙︿⊙✿) WAIT I HAD HOMEWORK
this one time in art class we were painting and my teacher was like
"hannah take off your jacket id hate for you to get paint on your led zeppelin sweater"
and i was just like